A question

May 21, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Edited May 21, 2012 at 6:09 AM

When I compile the project, it tells me that NuiApi.h can not be found in the KinectPlayground project. So how can I solve the problem? Thank you.

Coordinator
May 22, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Hello,

The issue is most likely that you don't have the Kinect SDK installed.  This is an optional SDK for that specific sample, and you can get it from this location: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/developer-downloads.aspx.

If you don't want to do anything with Kinect, you can simply uncheck the KinectPlayground project in the build configuration dialog and it won't try to build it anymore.  The Kinect functionality will be separated into a new 'extensions' library that builds on the base of Hieroglyph 3, which will eliminate this type of issue.

If you have any further trouble, please post again!

May 22, 2012 at 5:13 AM

I have solved the question by using the Kinect SDK, but what is really embarrassing is that after compiling, it said it can't run the Hieroglyph3.lib. Is it caused by not including the C++ Boost Library?

May 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hieroglyph3.lib is a static library - not an executable file, *.exe, so it's not possible to run (execute) it. 

You need to build example applications included with Hieroglyph3 SDK - you can do this from the main solution file, the same you used to build the Hieroglyph3 library itself. 

May 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Following your advice, I have successfully built my project and run the applications. Thank you.

Meanwhile, I am a freshman, so please forgive my innocence.