Cannot Open d3d10sdklayers.h Error. Please help.

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Hi Jason. I understand that your program can be run out of the box with no need to do any modifications. Well, I have VS Express for Windows 8 & my graphics card will definitely work.
I don't know what to do . I get a bunch of error messages relating to Directx 10.
This is the only computer I can see your programs on.

If you can help, I really appreciate it.

Isaac
Aug 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Problem Solved... I have Windows 8 on my computer. & only had Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 which I thought would work . I installed Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows Desktop, opened the Hieroglyph solution for this program & was able to run the list of projects in this solution without any problem or any
modification.
You did a great job on these projects..

If there are other projects in the hieroglyph zipped folder I downloaded from this site or on other projects on this site that I can try out, please let me know...

God Bless
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback, and also thanks for posting the solution to your issue. All of the projects that are available should be accessible through the solution files in the root directory, with the exception of an MFC integration example. If you have any questions, or want to know some details about one of the samples then please feel free to start up a discussion!
Sep 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Thanks Jason for your reply & excellent work on the book.
One project I didn’t find included in the solution was the Paraboloid one. If this is available for VS 2012 let me know.
God Bless
Isaac
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
The paraboloid sample is in the main source distribution. The project is called 'MirrorMirror'. If you look in the appendix of the book, you can find a mapping between the chapters and the source code of the Hieroglyph 3 distribution.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Is this project available to look at on VS 2012?
Isaac
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Yes, it should be in the VS2012 IDE when you open the Hieroglyph3_Desktop.sln file in VS2012.