Failing in build solution

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:16 AM
Edited Mar 8, 2015 at 7:16 AM
When I built "Hieroglyph3_Desktop" solution in Windows7 via VS2012,the error prompted that some Nuget package(s) were missing.
"error : This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\packages\directxtk_desktop_2013.2014.11.24.1\build\native\directxtk_desktop_2013.props."

Then I use NuGet to restore package,but it doesn't work.The error still exists.

I think is about DirectXTK,I download it but don't know what to do next.

ps:the hieroglyph3 I download doesn't contain anything about DirectXTK in dependencies folder
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry you are having trouble, although I think the issue is primarily due to the use of VS2012. The current Nuget packages are set up to work properly for VS2013, and you are right that the issue lies with the DirectXTK package.

If possible, I would urge you to upgrade to VS2013 for better standards compliance, and of course the most up to date bug-fix levels. If that isn't possible, then I would recommend that you first uninstall the DirectXTK packages from all of the projects, and then reinstall the VS2012 variant. The commands for uninstalling the packages would be like this (please note that you have to do this for all projects, including Hieroglyph3 and all of the applications and the extension libraries!):
Uninstall-Package directxtk_desktop_2013
and the command for installing the VS2012 compatible version is as follows:
Install-Package directxtk
Unfortunately there isn't a single package that I can install that will work for all variants of the compiler, so this is the only workaround...

I hope that helps!