Building error in with d3dcompile*.dll file

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM
I am using Windows 7 and VS 2013 ultimate to build hieroglyph 3 but there is an error:

"Error 9 error MSB3073: The command "if "Win32" == "Win32" (
echo "Hieroglyph3: Copying x86 version of D3DCompile*.dll to output bin folder."
copy “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\redist\d3d\x86\D3DCompile*.DLL” “D:\Study\Source code_ebook\Ebook\3D\Practical Rendering with Computation\hieroglyph3-90825\trunk\Hieroglyph3\\Applications\Bin”
) else (
echo "Hieroglyph3: Copying x64 version of D3DCompile*.dll to output bin folder."
copy “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\redist\d3d\x64\D3DCompile*.DLL” “D:\Study\Source code_ebook\Ebook\3D\Practical Rendering with Computation\hieroglyph3-90825\trunk\Hieroglyph3\\Applications\Bin”
)

I have copied the d3dcompiler_47.dll file to the bin folder but it does not work. Is there anyone who knows to fix this problem?
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016 at 7:13 PM
I wonder if you might be having issues due to the path having spaces in the name. Can you try to copy the source folder to something like C:\temp and build it from there?

Also, have you verified that the file is actually at the location in the upper block? This is essentially just a post build event for putting the D3DCompile DLL into your output binary location. If it can't find the file, or if it isn't allowed to access that path, then the build event will fail.

If you are in a pinch and want to get it up and running, you can always remove this post build step - but you will then be required to manually copy over the file any time that it gets deleted.
Jan 19 at 9:34 AM
i just had the same problem...
some of the quotes in the post build event seemed to be fancy unicode quotes, changing them to standard quotes fixed it for me