CANNOT Compile under Win7 and VS2012

Oct 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I download the hieroglyph here
"https://hieroglyph3.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest" and press "download" button. Get the "hieroglyph3-85478.zip" file.
My environment is Win7(32) and vs2012(Ultimate 2012).
Like jzink's words "You don't have to do any linking or manual settings - it should all be ready out of the box." in "http://hieroglyph3.codeplex.com/discussions/441820".
I didn't change any settings and compiling directly.

AND the output like this:
24>h:\engine\hieroglyph3\trunk\hieroglyph3\applications\particlestorm\viewsimulation.h(18): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:“Task.h”: No such file or directory
24> ParticleSystemExecutorDX11.cpp
24>h:\engine\hieroglyph3\trunk\hieroglyph3\applications\particlestorm\particlesystemexecutordx11.cpp(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:“PCH.h”: No such file or directory
24> ParticleSystemActor.cpp
24>h:\engine\hieroglyph3\trunk\hieroglyph3\applications\particlestorm\particlesystemactor.cpp(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:“PCH.h”: No such file or directory
24> Generating Code...
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 23 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM
It looks to me like only one project compiled correctly - most likely the Lua project, since all of the others depend on Direct3D to some extent. The order that the project files are built is as follows:

These two are compiled in parallel:
LuaLib
DirectXTK

Followed by:
Hieroglyph3

Then all of the sample applications follow that. So I would assume that since only one project succeeded, that the reason most of the sample applications failed is due to the Hieroglyph3 or DirectXTK projects failing first.

When you have the overall Hieroglyph3.sln file open, please try to do a rebuild of the Hieroglyph3 project. This will trigger a rebuild of all of Hieroglyph3's prerequisites as well. Can you then post what the resulting output is from that action? This will give a better clue about why it isn't compiling.

Also, do you have the old DirectX SDK installed on this machine? This isn't needed, and it has caused problems in the past on some users machines - all of the D3D headers are now provided with the Windows SDK that comes with VS2012+.